Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Little Nurse Birthday Card

Thought I would share a simple little paper pieced card I made. Both of my daughters are nurses so of course I love nurse related supplies!
For the paper piecing I used bits and pieces of scraps of papers from My Mind's Eye and Paper
Pizzaz. This is a photo of how the papers looked bare before I colored them.

The little nurse stamp is "Nurse Nora" from C.C. Designs, background paper is from Sassafrass Lass Sweet Marmalade wee bundle, and various scraps from Stampin' Up, etc. I used Stampin' Write Markers from Stampin' Up; Bush Blossom, Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride,Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Real Red and the blender pen to add shadows and highlights to the paper piecing and coloring of the stamped image. The stamped image is placed on two scraps of designer papers from the "Welcome Neighbor" mini pad from Stampin' Up then the last back gound cs SU Real Red. All corners were rounded with the SU corner rounder. The lace was made from SU Real Red CS using the MS double loop border punch to simulate the loops in the DP.
This was my first attempt at paper piecing and I was well pleased with the results. It will be something that I do more of in the future.
Hope you enjoyed this little card and please leave me some comments. They are much appreciated.
Ta, ta for now. It's off to Neverneverland.

No comments:

Post a Comment