Friday, July 22, 2011

Substitute The Sentiment for A Great Masculine Card

I made this card for Father's Day but didn't get it posted so I thought I would share it as a masculine card and you can substitute any sentiment you would like.



 
Posted by Picasa

Stamped the images from Stampin' Up's Forest Friends stamp set onto white cardstock. Inked up the tree with desired color, then stamped darkest tree, stamp again for lighter trees; this makes them seem farther away which gives a sense of depth. For the animals, I stamped them on white cardstock, also and fussy cut around them. Popped them up with pop dots in the desired positions after I took a cat eye ink pad in green turned side ways and applied to cardstock under the stamped trees to simulate tall orchard grass. Used the chocolate chip felt ribbon (now discontinued) and sheer brown ribbon from Walmart. Wright's ribbon, I believe. You can use these techniques with many different stamps to create a montage or scene for your cards. For the greeting, I made my own sentiment using alphabet stamps placed on a clear block, then inked and stamped on white cardstock, fussy cut and glued to colored cardstock and cut out leaving a margin around words to create a background which emphasized the sentiment!

Cloud designer paper and the grid design paper is from a now discontinued Stampin' Up paper pad, "Welcome Neighbor". (I frequently purchase older paper lines being discontinued or dropped for a fraction of the original price to use for my cards and scrapbooking, etc. It is an excellent way to save money and have a bigger selection of papers, stamps, etc.) Also many times I purchase the smaller sizes of paper, IE, this was a 6"x6" paper pad, to save even more money for my crafting budget.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Join to be a follower. Please know that I value each and every comment and everyone that takes the time to visit my blog. You always make my day brighter! Thank you.

Happy card making!

No comments:

Post a Comment