Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday Card

Here is a birthday card I made; along with an envelope. Usually I make all my envelopes. If not in too big a rush and don't feel like poop; I embellish the envelope to co-ordinate with the card. Thanks for taking time to visit today. I am just learning to blog so please be patient. I'll get there.

 
Posted by Picasa
On this card I used DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies Mat Stack that I purchased at Joann's at 40% off during one of their sales online. (Most of my supplies are purchased online simply because being disabled it is too hard for me to get to a craft and hobby shop since the closest is 90 miles away!) The butterflies were punched using a Martha Stewart punch and then outlined on all edges with a Sharpie extra fine point marker and scribbled and filled in with Crayola Spider Writers I had purchased for my grandchildren - yes, I borrow from them sometimes. LOL
Folded the wings up a little, swiped the underside of them in DI Milled Lavender and set aside. The circles I cut with Nestabilities, one out of white cardstock, one out of a scrap of lavender cardstock. The lavender circle I cut larger and then cut around the circle carefully with some decorative scissors. On the white cardstock, I stamped the birthday cake from Stampin' Up Whimsical Words collection and the sentiment. The Happy Birthday stamp I used who knows where it is from, it is very old one, I have had for ages!
Took a pale yellow 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock card(?), scoring it on my Martha Steward scoreboard and then cutting on the scoreline with on the Fiskars rotary cutting board. Then scored halfway of that and folded over on the crease forming my card. On the front I glued the designer papers and circles, then made a slit in the crease of the card where I wanted the ribbon (scrapbag) to come thru, threaded the ribbon and tied in a simple bow. Placed the butterflies on card where I thought they looked the best and glued them on. Printed a verse out on the computer that I like on regular copy paper, tore edges (not shown), inked them with the Milled Lavender and stick glued it on the inside. It is a simple card but I thought it turned out quite nice. Remember to click on photo to see a much larger image.

Please leave a comment, I read all of them and they are sweet words to me and much appreciated, so thanks for all the good thoughts and comments.

1 comment: